Super Robot Wars: Extend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stage 1: Prelude to Battle

+5
Azure3
Baskerville
Uryuu
Vangran
RX-178
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stage 1: Prelude to Battle - Page 2 Empty Re: Stage 1: Prelude to Battle

Post  Azure3 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 0930
"Conquistador's" Hanger...

After giving a proper introductory greetings to the pilot of the F91, Matt and the Exbein were lowered down to the ships hanger. But before he was lowered down, he saw that the Blue destiny paid no heed to the F91. Heh, well that's not a good start on your first day on this ship eh? Warrant Officer Anderson? He put his hands behind his head. "Well, I guess that's to be expected...He's a kid after all, trying to think he's the top pilot around here" He quickly remembers a teaching the unknown pilot told him. "Those who do no acknowledge the strength of others, is a self-centered fool with no honor or pride and will inevitably be his downfall". "......I understand now, mystery pilot"

As his trip down to the hanger came to an end, the mechanics guided Matt to his designated station where his machine will be placed. Carefully moving the Exbein to it's station, the mechanics told him to stop and gave the okay sign. *phew* "that was a chore, now I guess I should introduce myself to the other pilots". Gathering his gear, Helmet and making sure his eye patch was on, he climbed out of his cockpit and observed the hanger. "Wow, an impressive facility this ship has, and everyone seems to be doing their duty to the fullest" Matt soon lowered himself down by using the cable from his machine. Once he was on the floor, he met the mechanics who will be working on the Exbein. He introduced himself and gave them the Exbein's mechanical data and specs. *sigh* "Well, seems like things are going to get busy here soon"
Azure3
Azure3

Back to top Go down

Post  lan4 Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:10 am

Lae, Papa New Guinea
6AM

Theo woke up at the crack of damn like she did every day. It wasn't that she was a particularity motivated or self-disciplined individual. Its just that with her job at the Byston Well Pub, and her classes at the University of Technology this slim sliver of time between nightfall and sunrise was the only period she could actually do her laps, and get he basic exercises out of the way so she could be fit and limber for whenever her MMA club met up. Not that she'd have any trouble dealin with any of da boys in her cyborg form but that was cheatin ya know? And the reason she was takin the class in the first place was to learn how to defend herself with skill, not raw power, so defeating a poor schmuck before she could learn anything useful would be as counter-productive as a fish trying to seduce a bird.

Breakfast was a simple affair, just some hot porridge with a splash of milk spilled into it, and some dried apricots nothin to fancy, but it was nourishing, quick to prepare, and most of all cheap. Since she struck out on her own Theo had never taken advantage of her father's almost ludicrous amount of wealth or his invaluable connections partly out of pride, and mostly because she knew every favor she asked of the old sunnuvabich came with an entire spiderweb of strings attached to it. Not that that didnt keep the old bastard from keepin tabs on her anyways, well at least the private investigators kept the creeps away. Shrugging on a faded gray hoodie the young lady blasted out of her front door at an even paced jog and lightly pushing herself faster and faster as the sun rose slowly behind her, the bronze bell she kept looped around her neck on steel chain steadily thumped against her chest in time to her footfall. By the time it was sunrise she was in the heart of city of Lae.

"Gee, I hope nothing too f:)cked up happens today!" She thought to herself as she ran past New Guinea Base
lan4
lan4

Back to top Go down

Post  RX-178 Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:19 am

New Guinea Base, Lea, New Guinea
September 9, 2013 1300 hours

After several hours of work, the final crates of supplies had been removed from the Shirogane’s cavernous bays. On the ships bridge, Patrick Baker lazily noted this occurrence with a message to his newfound commander, Han Xinyun.

“Alright, you’ve got everything we have Han. We’ll be departing to acquire your VIP now. Have fun sitting around here while I’m gone.”

The look the Lieutenant Colonel gave him could have shattered stone.

“Call me by my first name again Baker, and I’ll deeply consider having you shot. Now get moving, you have a schedule to keep after all. Also, don’t mistreat your guest. Her father is a particularly important ally in this region. With the UN firmly in control of Australia, we need every inside man we can find. Your orders are to find Miss Kurita and transport her to Port Moresby with all due speed, understood?”

Baker just waved his hand dismissively at the screen before cutting the link. Looking towards his helmsman, Patrick delivered his “orders”.

“Man, she is a total bitch. Better get out of here before she gets any pissier. XO, get us there, but no need to be particularly quick about it.”

Before he could leave however, the radar operator shouted out about an incoming Mobile Suit. Baker turned to the display as its pilot opened up a comm line.

"This is Zero, Had Just eliminated some lost enemy troops. Now moving to Secondary Objectives--Now executing Executive Order number 98755601, Now commencing transfer to the New Guinea Base. Coming in hot and in need of energy re-supply and some minor checks over. I'll be the big red dot on your radars over. Don't open fire on me now"

Scowling, Baker interrupted before the landing officer could deliver instructions.

“Hey you punk, what do you think you’re doing? If you’re that last replacement HQ gave me, then quite your yapping and get your late ass on board now. If you’re not, get the hell off my channel and deal with the tossers on New Guinea, got it?“

==\\//==
Meanwhile in the ready room, Commander Connors turned on the speakers for the hangar bay and pilots quarters. She spoke with her usual calm voice.

“Alright you louses, listen up. Report to briefing room two on the double, we’re moving out. Also, the last one to arrive will be given a "special" assignment. That is all.”
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

https://srwx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Baskerville Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:42 am

After several hours unloading crates there were two things Baskerville was sure of, he was sober and he was out of cigs but at least he was done unloading the crates. "Well I guess I'm headed to get some more smokes" Baskerville said with a yawn to no one in particular as he stretched out. But before he could leave to go find some more smokes he heard Commander Conners over the intercom say

“Alright you louses, listen up. Report to briefing room two on the double, we’re moving out. Also, the last one to arrive will be given a "special" assignment. That is all.”

"Damn oh well nothing I can do now" he thought as he walked towards the briefing room. Along the way he he saw some of the men huddled around someone. Walking to investigate he saw to his pleasure it was the one guy on the ship who always had what you needed. "Hey I want a pack of smokes and send a cartoon to my quarters as well." Then taking the pack Baskerville pulled out some bills and handed them to the man and continued on his way happily puffing on his smoke.

When he reached briefing room 2 he noted that while he was not the first one there he was not the last one either. "Yo Baskerville reporting in" The closest formalities Baskerville ever gave out of the way he leaned against the far wall puffing on his smoke as he waited to hear what the the assignment was.
Baskerville
Baskerville

Back to top Go down

Post  Methewey Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Finally finished Methias thought as he loaded the last crate. "Now all we gotta do is clean you" up he told the Lagann, but not two seconds after he said it Connors came over the loud speakers.

Alright you louses, listen up. Report to briefing room two on the double, we’re moving out. Also, the last one to arrive will be given a "special" assignment. That is all.

Methias sighed. He'd never be able to clean up his suit. After dropping of the Lagann and shutting it down, he jumped out and started heading to the briefing room. He walked in to a cloud of smoke and coughed. "You know, Baskerville you should quit." he smiled. Methias found a seat and dropped in it, waiting to find out why they had all been summoned.
Methewey
Methewey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Vile Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Lucky was still napping in the console of his prized tank when REXX picked up something on the com replayed the message within its confines full blast.
"AHHHH!" Lucky freaked from the sudden burst of volume while in his dream machine.
"Aw..Shit!" Realizing his inadvertent nap through his "work time" he boosted himself up, and opened the top portion of the face of Rex and started climbing down. 'Special Assignment eh...' Lucky thought to himself before he realised he was close enough to the ground to jump down. He hit the floor silently and did some stretching and made sure to crack his back. 'Nah... I'm not down for extra credit right now...' and he took off towards the briefing room as fast as his legs could carry him.
Mister Vile
Mister Vile

Back to top Go down

Post  Acruxis Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:31 pm

The Wing Gundam Kai flew with great speed that still seemed to increase in a matter of seconds as it went further and further, cutting the air with the wind, jet-streaming perfectly in motion. It went past the anti-air defenses of the Papa New Guinea's HRA base defenses, It zoomed in, sending a somewhat strong wind towards the troops and facilities on the ground an effect from it's boosters after-burst. He double-tapped his index finger at the right stick control to zoom on the base, while at the same time examining the height of the buildings--scanning was the better word. The Wing Kai, adding it to the building databanks it had inside it's own mini-server, that was housed on the tiny green-orb on the Gundam's chest.

It wasn't long before he reached the heart of the base, where the hangars and heavily main buildings were. He saw an interesting array of suits--no, interesting array of mecha rather. He couldn't help but give out a small soft smile at the sight. His camera feed zoomed in on a man alighting from what looked like a dinosaur mecha, and started to run towards one of the main buildings. Sensing the urgency of the matter, He maneuvered his suit into a rapid descent, quickly closing in on the distance between him and the hangar bays and runways, At the last moment, his Gundam in Mobile Armor mode, quickly transformed while still in air, doing the "Graham Special". It transforming perfectly without hitting anything whilst flying in low attitude while doing so, The foot landing on the runway as the joints turned for the Mobile Suit mode, skidding minus the sparks, as if it's momentum from mid-air made it continue to skid on the runway while it's upper torso was semi-bent forward like a DOM. Ichirou pressed forward the left side stick as the Gundam moved it's body towards the left, using it's weight to turn left into a free hangar, And parking itself there perfectly.

"All done..." Ichirou said with a sigh of relief as the Gundam's chest cockpit opened up by it moving forward, as if a drawer being pulled out. Ichirou alighted with one feet first and one hand on the side of the cockpit to the catwalk beside him--like when one does when crossing or jumping over a fence. He had in his hand his dossier and Confidential files of transfer to the Shirogane. He walked down the catwalk and only jogged after reaching solid ground, towards the building where everyone else was rushing into.

OOC: Lol Graham, that's a welcome back Shout out to you Brother~!

Acruxis
Acruxis

Back to top Go down

Post  RX-178 Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:16 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 1430

A few hours after their introduction, Jason DeSantos had again called together the members of the 65th Autonomous Squadron. They gathered around the foot of his bright red Tyrannosaurus, which was hunched over in order to fit inside the Conquistador’s hangar. Next to him sat a map both New Guinea and northern Australia. Removing his helmet and placing it on the metallic foot next to him, Jason began his briefing.

“Alright guys, welcome. Hopefully you’ve all got your suits squared away with the mechanics. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Lieutenant DeSantos, your squadron leader. We’ll be departing from Carpentaria within the next two hours to take part in Operation Coral, a coordinated military strike aimed at the HRA bases on New Guinea. This operation will occur over the next four days and will conclude with the destruction of their Mobile Suit manufacturing facilities in Lae.”

Moving his pointer in a series of arcs along the map, Jason traced their route.

“However, before we can strike at the primary base, we must eliminate the possibility of being flanked. The 65th is too small a unit to fight a two front battle. Accordingly, we will attack and destroy their forward bases along this axis while we advance. Our first target is the forward post at Milne Bay, which we will secure for later landing forces from Carpentaria and UNEF bases in orbit. The strike will occur tomorrow at 0730. Now, I know what you’re thinking, that this job is too large for a single ship and her crew. However, I have faith in your abilities, and in our teamwork. Through that, we will emerge victorious.”

Stage 1: Prelude to Battle - Page 2 Milneb10

Jason withdrew the map, and sat down upon the Dinozord.

“Alright guys, any questions? If not, you’re free until we depart at 1700.”
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vangran Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:55 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 1430

Having done many missions prior he had no questions to ask. The orders were clear and he was going to make sure they were accomplished to the letter. Walter left saluting the Lt. and went out to get a bite to eat. He had to be well rested and some food would help him be ready for tomorrow and whatever it bring.
Vangran
Vangran

Back to top Go down

Post  RX-178 Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:24 am

New Guinea Base, Lea, New Guinea
September 9, 2013 1300 hours

Commander Connors smiled softly as the members of the 81st funneled into the room. This group of pilots seemed to be more disciplined than she gave them credit for. That is, until her eyes settled on the sight of Baskerville smoking in a corner of the room. Noting the fact but not showing it outwardly save for a slight narrowing of her eyes, Connors moved to the center of the briefing room. Killing the lights, she began.

“Listen up everybody; we’ve got our first orders from Base Command.”

Connors brought up an image of a young girl on the display screen.

“This is Theodore Kurita, daughter of a prominent Australian diplomat who is working with us. Obviously, the UN has that particular nation in their pocket at the moment. Thus, his cooperation is extremely important to our future plans in the region. Accordingly, we have been requested to ensure the safety of young Miss Kurita by transporting her to Port Moresby. Wilkins, you and Trethington are assigned to retrieving the girl and bringing her back to the ship for transport. Try not to do anything brash. However, the use of non-lethal force is authorized.”

Connors then turned to Baskerville.

“You on the other hand, Mister Alfons, are going to come with me. We have a new pilot joining the squadron today, and you and I are going to get a little workout in. Also, you should know by now that it is against regulations to smoke in any interior space. Either ditch the smokes or I’ll find a “suitable” alternative for you.”

Connors then dismissed the group and moved to the hangar. Boarding her PT, she opened an exterior channel to the recently arrived Zero, which had just finished landing in the walkway outside the ship.

“Right on time Ensign Saotome. Get back in your suit and proceed 50 kilometers offshore. We’re gonna go have some fun.”
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Vile Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:52 am

As soon as Commander Connors passed him Lucky slumped from attention and sighed. 'Aw...Babysitting? Lame...' it sounded rather plain until "Non-lethal force" was mentioned, which brought forth the thought 'How many Rail-gun shots are considered lethal... I'll have to take notes this mission at the earliest opportunity...' At least the earliest opportunity that didnt involve disciplinary action. Lucky shuddered to think what a lawless band such as the HRA considered disciplinary but he was good at escaping those situations... Normally anyway. After giving a salute he turned and left the office to head to Rex, when he felt confident he was far enough away from the room he stretched and let loose a yawn. 'Damn I hate kids... But if I'm gonna do this mission I'm gonna do it properly. Gonna need to find me a giant hat... Wide brimmed... Plumed...Yeah...It's all coming together now.' Then Lucky took a quick detour to the equipment room to find a hat which suited his...diplomatic needs. 'Haha yes... That's what I'll call it.' He smiled as the thought came to him and he trailed down the hall whistling.
Mister Vile
Mister Vile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baskerville Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:07 pm

“You on the other hand, Mister Alfons, are going to come with me. We have a new pilot joining the squadron today, and you and I are going to get a little workout in. Also, you should know by now that it is against regulations to smoke in any interior space. Either ditch the smokes or I’ll find a “suitable” alternative for you.”

With a sigh Baskerville put out his cigarette He understood the difference between flaunting authority and direct insubordination. So without another word He followed Commander Conners until they reached the hanger and he hopped into his Alteison. Once he was in his suit tho he immediately lit up another Cigarette the air filtration would get rid of the smoke plus he was the only one who was ever in the cockpit of his suit. He might allow the repairmen to repair and maintain the frame but he alone took care of system diagnostics. As he puffed on his smoke he decided just to be safe he would leave his smokes in the trunk he had placed in the cockpit no need to give himself unnecessary temptation. after he had put his smokes in the trunk that also contained some sleeping pills "Man did i need those in the early days of my journey getting used to sleeping in here. Dont see much point in keeping these i sleep fine' he thought so he tossed them into the garbage bin. He also saw the magnum pistol he kept in the trunk unloaded of course no need for accidents.

The last thing in the trunk was the picture of the children's baseball team he had coached. "Hmm takes me back" He had been a much different person then. They were the reason he even fought in Alteison to make a better tomorrow for them. As he looked at the Picture he wondered if the HRA was still on the right course. He had joined up with them in order to quell the chaotic violence that surrounded the first few monthes after all these mechs and people had arrived when the world governments had been unable or willing to stop them. But now they were in the midst of a global civil war against the world government. "Oh well Alt all we can do is fight we threw are lot in With the HRA and that's where we stay" despite those words he still placed the picture of the kids into his breast pocket where he normally kept his cigs.

He then heard the Commander's voice again
“Right on time Ensign Saotome. Get back in your suit and proceed 50 kilometers offshore. We’re gonna go have some fun.”
looking up at the winged Gundam he Whistled in admiration "Yo Saotome nice Vehicle looks fast. Mine it may be slow put it packs a wallop." Baskerville said with a laugh "This is Baskerville heading out to begin mission: then He left headed in the direction The commander had specified.
Baskerville
Baskerville

Back to top Go down

Post  Azure3 Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 1430

After carefully listening to the mission briefing and taking notes on the important details, the Lieutenant said,

Matt stood up, saluted to the Lieutenant and left the briefing room. Walking down the ship's hallway, *sigh* I wonder what I should do until the mission time? Thinks for a minute. "I guess I should head to the hanger and double check the Exbein's system and weaponry.....just to make sure everything was in order" Rolling up his brown long coat's sleeves up, and adjusting his eye patch, Matt continued his way towards the Machine deck.

But while he was en route to the hanger, he stopped by his quarters to get his Exbein Gauntlet. Matt opened his quarters door and entered. Grabbing the gauntlet, he paused a moment and grabbed also, the Eye piece that he found when he first discovered the Exbein. "Well, I haven't tried this out yet....I guess I should before we head into battle" With the eye piece and gauntlet in hand, Matt exited his quarters and resumed his trip towards the Hanger bay.
Azure3
Azure3

Back to top Go down

Post  Uryuu Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:15 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 1430

After listening to Jason's bold plan, Stan got really psyched for their next mission.
"Alright, we get to kick some serious ass today! Me and Blue are going to get warmed up, see you guys in a few hours!" He waved as he ran out of the briefing room and towards the hangar. He got back in his mobile suit and made a proposal. "How does target practice sound Blue?" Blue didn't respond. "Atta boy!" Blue ran out of the hangar at top speed headed towards the target course on the the base. Stan yelled at the top of his lungs "I'm gonna bust some heads out there, yeeeeeeah!! Hahahahahahahahaa!!!"
Uryuu
Uryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Methewey Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:58 am

This is Theodore Kurita, daughter of a prominent Australian diplomat who is working with us. Obviously, the UN has that particular nation in their pocket at the moment. Thus, his cooperation is extremely important to our future plans in the region. Accordingly, we have been requested to ensure the safety of young Miss Kurita by transporting her to Port Moresby. Wilkins, you and Trethington are assigned to retrieving the girl and bringing her back to the ship for transport. Try not to do anything brash. However, the use of non-lethal force is authorized.

Non-lethal force eh? This was managable but lord knows how long it'd stick especially being teamed up with 'ole Lucky. Everyone knew things didn't always end well with him. Not to mention this Kurita girl being thrown into the mix. Methias smirked. At least things would be interesting. He heard Connors dismiss them and he left the room trying to catch Wilkins as he exited, but he was already gone. With a shrug Methias strolled down the hallway towards the hangar.
Methewey
Methewey

Back to top Go down

Post  lan4 Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 am

Lae city outskirts, Papa New Guinea
2:30 PM

Theo stretched her leans arms high over her head, grinning just a bit as she felt her tired muscles strain and slowly begin to un-tense themselves. "Phew! Da boys down at the club sure put me through the ringer today I'm still feeling that suplex! I wonder if I could actually use something like that in a real fight? Hmmmm nah the suplex'd leave you too exposed for a counter or a interloper, and you're more like to hurt yourself more then you are the guy you're fighting it's more of a show move than anything else. Still its a f:)ckin awesome move!........maybe I could simplify it into somethin that doesn't involve as much excess movement" The girl was rambling to nobody in particular as she strolled through the abandoned warehouses which were situated well in the outskirts of the city of Lae. Her next class had been canceled all of the sudden it was a bit odd, but it wasn't entirely unheard of for a professor to cancel a class on the fly. Not that she was complaining, after all this freed her up to get in some training of a different sort.

She wandered into an empty parking lot that was obscured by the vast jungle of dilapidated buildings and forgotten ruins that surrounded the lot. Still she checked the area twice over to make sure she was alone, nothing here but cracked concretes and a few wild patches of weeds.

Theo took a deep breath calming her nerves and silently urging her body and maybe even some of her mind to change.

"CHANGE CYBORG!" Theo slammed her fist together causing bolts of gold and green lightening to shoot out from them and wrap around her body. In a flash of light Theo disappeared, and in her place stood a devil horned cyborg.

Stage 1: Prelude to Battle - Page 2 Devillady1
lan4
lan4

Back to top Go down

Post  Acruxis Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 am

Ichirou had just went down from the Mobile Suit catwalk, when an engineer called out to him. With a curious expression on him, he walked up the stairs of the catwalk again with a scowl, as to wondering why he was called up again. And then the engineer pointed to the Diagnostic screen with Connors his commanding officer in it.

Train of thoughts quickly found their way inside the confused ensign's head. About what his commanding officer said, with another sigh, he zipped up the zipper of his pilot suit which he didn't even got the chance to remove. He hopped down on the exposed cockpit again but before he could close it, a man he did not know called out to him after a whistle.Must be for his suit though

"Yo Saotome nice Vehicle looks fast. Mine it may be slow put it packs a wallop." Baskerville said with a laugh "This is Baskerville heading out to begin mission: then He left headed in the direction The commander had specified.

"Baskerville huh...? I'd take name into mind..."

Without another word, Ichirou started the Wing Gundam Kai's system as his cockpit was taken back in inside. And then made the Gundam take a few steps back and then jumped as it transformed into it's infamous Neo-Bird mode and headed 50 kilometers east offshore.

Acruxis
Acruxis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2