Super Robot Wars: Extend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stage 1: Prelude to Battle

+5
Azure3
Baskerville
Uryuu
Vangran
RX-178
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stage 1: Prelude to Battle Empty Stage 1: Prelude to Battle

Post  RX-178 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 0800 hours

Carpentaria Base was one of the largest military facilities in the South Pacific, and it showed. The base was abuzz with activity as dozens of workers went about maintaining the battle readiness of an entire ZAFT Brigade, the 312th Terrestrial. Meanwhile, the base was overflown by several BABIs on patrol. On the roof of the command building, Commander Dustin Bragg clenched his black coat tighter around himself. Ever since the war began, the normally mild north Australian winter seemed to be getting colder by the day.

And today was looking to be a very busy day indeed. The 65th Autonomous Squadron had arrived the previous afternoon, bringing its mecha compliment along with new operational orders from UNEF Command on Luna II. While he didn’t necessarily agree with their plan, Bragg had to admit that it was audacious. Turning to reenter the command center, Bragg encountered the approaching Alexi Petrovich. Saluting, the Commander spoke first.

“Ah, Captain Petrovich, I was just…”

Alexi cut him off, speaking extremely fast.

“Heya Dustin, I was just coming to see about integrating our forces for Coral. Wow, was that a ZAKU just now? We’ve got three days, so I wanted to get everyone up to speed. Gotta be fast in situations like these, especially with Luna II watching this one. Everything has to be smooth, like glass or ice or marble or or…”

Dustin returned the favor.

“You’ve made your point Captain. Now, I would suggest we get inside and see about that very matter.”

Alexi nodded meekly, and the two headed inside. Meanwhile, the base personnel continued moving equipment and replacement supplies aboard the Petrovich's Tenzan class landship, the Conquistador.
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

https://srwx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stage 1: Prelude to Battle Empty Re: Stage 1: Prelude to Battle

Post  RX-178 Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:22 am

New Guinea Base, Lea, New Guinea

Several hundred miles away, the HRA’s New Guinea Base was filled with more subdued, if less visible, activity. A new shift of factory workers was arriving to continue the twenty four hour process of continually manufacturing RMS-154 Barzam Mobile Suits for the Alliance’s burgeoning force of volunteers. In the facility’s comparatively small port, the workers were treated to a majestic sight. A shining white Space Noa battleship, the morning sun only magnifying its brilliance, was slowly sliding into a slipway designed for ships barely half its size. In all, it was a beautiful sight.

The scene inside the base commandant’s office however, was far less pleasant. Lieutenant Colonel Han Xinyun stared into the display screen with an intensity that looked as though it could shatter the thin device. She keyed in a command to connect her with the Shirogane, and folded her arms over a meticulously pressed Titans uniform.

“Major Baker. Would you care to explain to me why your ship is almost three full hours behind schedule on arrival?”

On the other side of the screen sat the young Patrick Baker, wearing a graphic tee shirt and jeans. His feet were placed on the ledge in front of the commander’s chair.

“We’re in plenty enough time to complete our assignment. Besides, the ship isn’t scheduled to depart again for two days. It’s not like a few hours will change our situation now will they?”

Xinyun’s eyes narrowed precariously.

“Mr. Baker I expect you in my office the moment you finish docking procedures. Unless you want to spend the next two days in the brig, I expect you to comply.”

The display closed and Baker sighed, turning to the man standing behind him.

“Man, she is a complete bitch. I can’t see why these supplies were that urgent in the first place.”

The older man looked pensive as he responded.

“While I don’t disagree Patrick, we do need to continue making mecha as fast as possible to counter the UNEF. Besides, this will give the troops from the 81st some well deserved leave.”

Patrick only grunted as he stalked off the bridge. Meanwhile, Hizacks from the 44th Mobile Battalion began offloading the supplies. Entering the hangars on his way off the ship, Baker stopped to notice some of the assembled personnel of his own ship's 81st Batalion. Pausing for a moment, he realized that it would help his position with Xinyun if his troops helped offload the supplies. He shouted down into the bay before continuing on his way.

"Hey you slackers! What do you think you're doing milling about like that? Hurry up and get these supplies off my ship!"

Last edited by RX-178 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vangran Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:01 am

Carpentaria, Australia

The Previous Day

There was a great deal of commotion going on at Carpentaria as the 65th Autonomous Squadron arrived. One of the more prominent among the suits was the Gundam Formula 91. Even though it was shorter than some of its fellow suits it was still formidable. The other pilots had learned this when an HRA Qubeley Mass Production Type tried to hit it with its funnels but found itself unable to land a single hit before finding itself under fire from the Variable Speed Beam Rifle(VSBR) that quickly tore through its arms that it threw up in an effort to defend itself, destroying the pilot and cockpit in one move. The suit had exploded shortly after and everyone watched as the Heat Fins extended from the shoulders of the F91, giving it a far more deadly appearance.

When the suit set down, the ZAFT mechanics set about getting it hooked up and started its resupply. After Walter was certain that the suit was in good hands he left the cockpit and lowered himself to the ground. He looked around. He had never been in Carpentaria before, and he never really got a good look at it from the Gundam SEED shows.

Walter removed his helmet and walked out of the hangar. He walked over to the Barracks where he would be staying.

Today

Walter Bifrost was not happy. Not at all. The reason for him being in such a foul mood? One of the engineers had somehow damaged one of his Heat Fins. That was not a good thing because he couldn't fly without them. They were the backbone of his suit and without them it would overheat. The Head Mechanic had walked up to him earlier and told him the situation and so he was forced to deal with it himself. He didn't even want to know why they were messing with them in the first place.

So here he was in the Hangar yelling instructions to the techies.

It wasn't until a few moments later that he decided to write down everything they needed to do in order on paper and then gave it to a Senior Mechanic and told him to follow it to the letter. He wasn't willing to take any chances. And that as soon as they were done he was going to take it for a test-drive to see if they were working properly.

With that he left the Hangar and went to have breakfast at the cafeteria. Sitting down at a table he picked up a menu and looked over what they had before ordering a cup of coffee and a couple Belgian Waffles.
Vangran
Vangran

Back to top Go down

Post  Uryuu Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:12 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013

Stan and Blue had just gotten back from a mission in Sydney where diplomatic hostages were being held for ransom by a petty gang of aussie punks armed with Destroids in the Sydney Opera House. Stan & Blue took care of them all easily, but not without destoying half of the building in the process. He was reprimanded for his reckless actions and as punishment, spent the last two days on clean up. He was exausted from all that work, being happy to come back to base with a bunk bed to look forward to. "Man, I'm beat. How about you Blue?" Blue didn't respond."That's what I thought." After he got out cockpit via tow cable, technicians immediately began maintenance on his Gundam. "Look at this, it's a mess. Dammit Anderson, you need to take better of your machine! If you don't, it'll end up as scrap!" "Hey, Blue's a tough guy, he can handle it. And Frank, you should watch the anger, it's not good for your health at your age." He said with a laugh as he walked out of the hangar and headed to the barracks; Frank stammered with frustration. Stan collapsed on his bed and thought to himself "I hope I never have to do that again, clean up duty's such a drag." And with that, he quickly fell asleep.

The next day, Stan woke up with a craving for a plate of waffles, scrambled eggs, hash browns, breakfast sausage, a side of bacon, and a glass of orange juice topped off with tons of maple syrup. So he went to the cafeteria to get his breakfast fix, walking towards the enchanting eroma from said establishment like a zombie. "Mmmmmmmm, food." Once he got his breakfast platter, he searched for a table to sit at when he saw a familiar face amongst the crowd of hungry patriots. It was Ensign Walter Bifrost, sitting alone eating a stack of gourmet belgian waffles; he ran over to Walter's table and quickly settled next to him. "Hey Walter, how've you been? I've heard a lot of things about you lately. Is it true you took down a Qubeley without a single scratch on you?"
Uryuu
Uryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Vangran Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Uryuu wrote:

"Hey Walter, how've you been? I've heard a lot of things about you lately. Is it true you took down a Qubeley without a single scratch on you?"

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013

Walter had been enjoying his breakfast in peace when a giant of a man had walked up and plopped himself down in the seat across from him and started asking about a past conquest.

Looking up while taking a sip of coffee he said, "I don't understand your fascination with the past. It wasn't that hard to dodge those funnels, and it's not like many suits can keep up with me. Not that they care that I survived without a scratch. It might make them pause for a moment, but immediately after they will attempt to be the first to damage you, to destroy you. And I have had my share of those run-ins.The only thing that matters is the here and now. The past can't save you, only you can and if you try and rest on your laurels you are asking to be knocked down." He took another sip of coffee, "Now, W.O. Anderson, I realize that you put a great deal of stock in those things, but in the end what good are they beyond a good read at night or story around the dinner table?"

With that said he turned back to his waffles and took a bite.
Vangran
Vangran

Back to top Go down

Post  Baskerville Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Shirogane's Hangar

Zane or Baskerville as he was more commonly referred was sitting in the cockpit of his Alteison listening to some music as he puffed his cigarette. He had been here for about three hours running diagnostics and making general repairs. He was lucky for it seemed that wherever this ship had come from his PT had also originated there so the crew had an understanding of the workings of Alt. But after several months of just him and Alt fighting to reach here he was both used to sleeping in his PT and doing all the repairs. Now after being on the ship for two weeks he had finally gotten used to sleeping in his quarters. But he still did daily diagnostics as if daily combat was the norm.

Seeing that the PT was still in perfect working order he opened the cooler he had brought with him pulled out a Sparks and just sat lounging in his cockpit drinking and watching the hustle and bustle of the maintenance crew.
Baskerville
Baskerville

Back to top Go down

Post  Uryuu Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:12 pm

"I don't understand your fascination with the past. It wasn't that hard to dodge those funnels, and it's not like many suits can keep up with me. Not that they care that I survived without a scratch. It might make them pause for a moment, but immediately after they will attempt to be the first to damage you, to destroy you. And I have had my share of those run-ins.The only thing that matters is the here and now. The past can't save you, only you can and if you try and rest on your laurels you are asking to be knocked down." He took another sip of coffee, "Now, W.O. Anderson, I realize that you put a great deal of stock in those things, but in the end what good are they beyond a good read at night or story around the dinner table?"

Stan shrugged hearing Walter's serious retort. "Jeez, I just asked you a question. You don't have to bite my head off about it." He proceeded to devour his morning meal in awkward silence. 10 minutes later, Stan scarfed down the whole platter while Walter was on his last waffle; he belched satisfactorily. "Man I'm stuffed, I couldn't eat another bite." he said with a big grin on his face. He looked over at Walter, wearing a calm and focused look. "So our next mission's going to start soon, what's going through your head right now?" he said, trying to stur up some friendly conversation.
Uryuu
Uryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Vangran Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:51 pm

"So our next mission's going to start soon, what's going through your head right now?"

Walter shrugged his shoulder, taking a last bite of his waffle and pushing the plate away. "The base is going to be heavily fortified, no doubt about that. So we are going to have to take extra precautions. That base of the HRA is nothing to scoff at, and while our suits are formidable, they have suits of their own like that Drilling suit, the Gurren Lagann. I had the privilege of fighting it once. Heh, they were nothing special. I took out the Gurren when they tried to flank me. The Lagann was pitiful. Couldn't even muster up the strength to stop me. I just left the guy there to wallow in his misery. I wonder if he grew his spine back after that? Hahaha, that was a pathetic battle. And now that I think about it that's how the original pilot of the Gurren, Kamina, died too. Like former like latter. My so-called partners were quite pitiful as well. That thing took them both down and yet it was like a walk in the park for me. Pathetic." He paused for a moment, thinking back to the battle, "They were quite the team, too bad they split up, he might have survived otherwise. Too bad for them. I wonder what that guy is doing now? Wouldn't be surprised if I saw him in the future. Probably with a grudge. So, I can guess that they have some custom suits there, perhaps a Gundam or maybe a Knightmare Frame from Code Geass. You never know who has what these days."

He leaned back in his chair and took another drink from his cup. The past few months had been a nightmare and he had no doubt that the next few would be just as bad. He could only hope that there would be a break in the fighting soon and that the HRA would realize the futility in its actions.
Vangran
Vangran

Back to top Go down

Post  Uryuu Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm

"The base is going to be heavily fortified, no doubt about that. So we are going to have to take extra precautions. That base of the HRA is nothing to scoff at, and while our suits are formidable, they have suits of their own like that Drilling suit, the Gurren Lagann. I had the privilege of fighting it once. Heh, they were nothing special. I took out the Gurren when they tried to flank me. The Lagann was pitiful. Couldn't even muster up the strength to stop me. I just left the guy there to wallow in his misery. I wonder if he grew his spine back after that? Hahaha, that was a pathetic battle. And now that I think about it that's how the original pilot of the Gurren, Kamina, died too. Like former like latter. My so-called partners were quite pitiful as well. That thing took them both down and yet it was like a walk in the park for me. Pathetic." He paused for a moment, thinking back to the battle, "They were quite the team, too bad they split up, he might have survived otherwise. Too bad for them. I wonder what that guy is doing now? Wouldn't be surprised if I saw him in the future. Probably with a grudge. So, I can guess that they have some custom suits there, perhaps a Gundam or maybe a Knightmare Frame from Code Geass. You never know who has what these days."

"I guess your right." Stan felt remorse for the unfortunate pilot of Lagann (being that he's never killed anyone in his life), even though he was an enemy. "I can't help but feel bad for that Gurren pilot, I don't know why though. I've never killed anyone before and I dread the day that might happen. I know that they're the enemy, but don't you feel bad about killing any of them?" he asked ponderously.
Uryuu
Uryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Vangran Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:24 pm

"I guess your right." Stan felt remorse for the unfortunate pilot of Lagann (being that he's never killed anyone in his life), even though he was an enemy. "I can't help but feel bad for that Gurren pilot, I don't know why though. I've never killed anyone before and I dread the day that might happen. I know that they're the enemy, but don't you feel bad about killing any of them?" he asked ponderously.

Walter snorted, "Remorse? What good would that do me? After all, they are killing innocents left and right. If I let them live, they will only keep killing. And then there are those who defect. They know which side is right and which is wrong and they still left. They deserve no mercy." He spat out the last words.

Those fiends had done all they could to whittle down their numbers, offering high positions in their new world order if they switched sides or protection for their families. But what they didn't say was who they were protecting them from. The fools.
Vangran
Vangran

Back to top Go down

Post  Uryuu Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Walter snorted, "Remorse? What good would that do me? After all, they are killing innocents left and right. If I let them live, they will only keep killing. And then there are those who defect. They know which side is right and which is wrong and they still left. They deserve no mercy." He spat out the last words.

Those fiends had done all they could to whittle down their numbers, offering high positions in their new world order if they switched sides or protection for their families. But what they didn't say was who they were protecting them from. The fools.

Stan went silent, knowing that Walter's words were true; he sat there with a gloomy face. "Well I'm going to hit the showers now, I guess I'll catch you later then." He got up and walked towards the door, putting his empty tray on top of the trash can on his way out.
Uryuu
Uryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  RX-178 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 0900

The mood was tense in Commander Bragg’s office as he and Alexi Petrovich reviewed the mission assignments for Operation Coral. Making the situation worse was the face of James McNamara on the office’s video screen. Bragg sat at his chair, his arms crossed in thought, while Alexi leaned against the nearest wall looking anxious. McNamara was finishing his briefing.

“Gentlemen, I want to state in no uncertain terms that every operation taking place as part of our offensive is of the utmost importance to the UNEF's victory. For our plans to succeed, every attack must meet with success. The HRA has a large enough manpower advantage that every Mobile Suit they get their hands on means more body bags going home to America and Europe. They will respond to any attack on their production capability. This is a diversion on a scale unseen since the Second World War, and it must be convincing. I expect nothing but the best. Good luck, and good hunting.”

After the usual exchange of salutes, the display cleared. Bragg turned to Alexi, lifting a flexpad from his desk as he did.

“Well Captain Petrovich, it seems that the 65th has a pair of holes in its roster following your adventures in the Marianas. Have you reached a conclusion on filling them?”

Petrovich nodded excitedly. He immediately produced from his grey NUNE jacket a pair of fully completed transfer requests.

“Way ahead of you there. Found two guys I’d like from your irregular forces. One has a BD series MS, beautiful machine. Wonder if it would talk to me. The other is a bit of a blank, but his PT fits our logistics abilities without draining your men, so both should be fine. I’d like to get them onboard ASAP. Only 68 hours to go before phase one commences.”

Bragg nodded slightly as he took the requests from Alexi’s hand. Looking them over for a moment, he signed both before returning the documents.

“Very well Captain, I’ll make the arrangements to move their machines to the Conquistador. It would be best for you to bring them up to speed yourself. Preferably onboard your ship.”

A few minutes later, Alexi had sprinted to his landship to beat the new machines there. As he arrived panting on the deck, the base PA system issued yet another message.

“Attention, Warrant Officer Anderson and Ensign Asteral. Please grab your gear and machines and proceed to the Conquistador in slipway eight. Repeat, move your machines to slipway eight.”
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RX-178 Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:16 am

New Guinea Base, Lea, New Guinea
September 9, 2013 0900 hours

Inside the Shirogane’s hangar, a young redheaded woman with a straight build and glasses stalked the catwalk. Observing each and every PT with a close eye, she finally came upon the Alteisen. Pausing for a moment, she turned to a mechanic working on an adjacent PT.

“Excuse me Private, but is Ensign Alfons inside his machine?”

The young man nodded hesitantly before turning away as quickly as possible. The Woman, Commander’s rank tabs on her shoulders, suddenly kicked the cockpit hatch with incredible force for her size. She then spoke in a disconcertingly even tone.

“Mister Alfons, it’s Commander Connor. In case you didn’t hear our captain, we were ordered to move these supplies ashore post haste. While I hate agreeing with him, this stuff does need to get transferred. Also, would you kindly find Mister Trethington and put him to work. Please comply or I’ll have to find some other suitable punishment for you."

Smiling, the officer turned and walked down the catwalk. Reaching her blue PT, she boarded and moved to assist the Hizacks in the hangar.

Meanwhile, Patrick Baker arrived at Lt. Colonel Xinyun’s office. Stalking into the room, he leapt into a chair with enough force to slide it several inches across the floor. Frowning, the Colonel immediately stood and moved to scold the young Major.

“I’ll be extremely clear Baker. As far as you are concerned, this little joyride of yours ends here. You are on my base and under my command, and you will follow my orders to the letter or I’ll have you tossed into the brig indefinitely. Understood?”

Patrick did nothing but shrug.

“Meh, I suppose.”

For a moment, Xinyun looked as though she might hit the kid. However, she managed to calm herself before anything got out of hand. Walking to a nearby map, she began to outline Baker’s mission.
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azure3 Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 am

Carpentaria Australia
September, 9 2013 0900

Being on standby was a drag for Matt but he didn't mind, he passed the time by double checking the Exbein's controls and weaponry to make sure that they were in perfect working order so there wont be any problems in the future. Just as Matt started to climb out of the cockpit of the Exbein, the PA sounded,

“Attention, Warrant Officer Anderson and Ensign Asteral. Please grab your gear and machines and proceed to the Conquistador in slipway eight. Repeat, move your machines to slipway eight.”

"The Conquistador? Isn't that the latest warship? Well I'll find out soon enough." Matt quickly ran to his locker nearby, picked up his bag and stuffed his belongings into it and picked up his pilot suit and helmet and closed the locker door. Now with gear in hand, he headed towards the Exbein. Using his gauntlet, he lowered the cable down and then grabbed it as it lowered back up towards the cockpit. "Alright, everything checks out...now sending Exbein's I.D code to the Conquistador" He opens comm with control. "Control, this is Ensign Asteral, I'm now moving out towards Conquistador's slipway eight as ordered". Given the go sign, Matt maneuvered the Exbein out of the base hanger and once he was outside he pushed the Exbein's thrusters forward and took off towards the Conquistador.
Azure3
Azure3

Back to top Go down

Post  Methewey Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:11 am

Shirogane's Hangar
September 9, 2013 0900 hours

"Never forget Meth, your spirit is the strongest of all."

Awake.
Methias wiped the sweat from his forehead. I can't believe I fell asleep. He had initially come here to clean up the Gunman, but sometimes sitting in it and thinking of Jack couldn't be helped. That suit.....how can anything be so fast, if only I hadn't hesitated. He shook his head. Jack never regretted anything, Methias couldn't allow himself to either. Not with the way things have been going. If he and his no co pilot were to survive he'd need to be ready for anything, and concentrating on what's happening now. He barely knew this new guy, and even though he was capable as a pilot, he still doubted whether or not he had the spirit when it was needed. He couldn't even remember the guys name, Tim or Tom or something. He smiled slyly and climbed out of the Lagann to stretch. I suppose I should get started on cleanin', he thought before he noticed Zane approaching.
Methewey
Methewey

Back to top Go down

Post  Baskerville Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:19 am

Mister Alfons, it’s Commander Connor. In case you didn’t hear our captain, we were ordered to move these supplies ashore post haste. While I hate agreeing with him, this stuff does need to get transferred. Also, would you kindly find Mister Trethington and put him to work. Please comply or I’ll have to find some other suitable punishment for you

With a sigh Baskerville put his drink into the custom cup holder he had installed. "Sorry I will get right on it was just finishing up the diagnostic. Also Don't call me Alfons the only name I need is Baskerville." without another word Baskerville moved the Alt and picking up some of the crates he began unloading them.

He had to move extra cautiously to make up for the three cans of sparks he had drank "Man I was supposed to be off duty today if I had known they would want me to unload crates I would have only drank one sparks. Oh well nothing to do but be careful." As he considered this Baskerville pulled out another cigarette and started to puff on it as he moved the Alt with more refinement then most sober pilots.

As he unloaded the crates he could not help but wonder. "How in the hell am I supposed to unload these crates and find Trethinton oh well I guess I will call him. Hey Trethinton You are wanted on the loading docks we've been Shanghaied into helping the dock crews unload the supplies" he left the message on Trethinton's cell and went back to work. As he moved he saw Trethinton down below so turning on the external loudspeakers he Said "Hey they want us to help unload these crates better move quick Miss Conner seems in a bad mood today" the message delivered he promptly went back to work.
Baskerville
Baskerville

Back to top Go down

Post  Uryuu Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:24 am

"Aaaaah, I really needed that." Stan came fresh from the showers when a message echoed all throughout the base over the PA system.
"Finally!" He change out of his towel and into his pilot suit, running to the hangar as fast as he could towards Blue; he headed up the tow cabel and into the cockpit. "Alright, you ready Blue?" Blue didn't respond. "Good to know." An annoyed Frank yelled at Stan "Hey Anderson, you take better care of that mobile suit this time, or so help me I'll...!" "Okay okay, I get it, geez! This is Warrant Officer Stanley Anderson and Blue heading out to the Conquistador, slipway eight, launching!!" Then he moved out before he could get the go signal, running at fullspeed towards the massive airship.

Last edited by Uryuu on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Uryuu
Uryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  RX-178 Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:05 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 0930

As both the Blue Destiny and Exbein approached slipway eight and the Conquistador, a helmeted figure watched from atop the vessel’s bridge tower. Far below, a far different situation was occurring. Alexi Petrovich, who had stayed in the area to watch the arrival of his new pilots, was trying to inch closer to the walking Blue Destiny.

However, he pressed his luck too far when the foot of said Mobile Suit almost came crashing down on him. Dodging only at the last second, Alexi now sat on the ground staring up at the suit with a contented expression on his face. He looked up at the Mobile Suit.

“Awesome suit mate. Can it really talk? What does the EXAM System feel like? Will it speak with anyone? Wait, I was going to say something. Oh, right, welcome aboard El Conquistador, make yourselves at home.”

Once the pair had reached the hangar doors, inching around an immobile Petrovich, the masked figure yelled out with an amplified voice.

“Halt! You who seek to join this mission of justice must first show me your warrior’s hearts!”

With that, the man leapt from the bridge tower, landing almost thirty meters below on the outstretched head of the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord. It could now be seen that he was wearing the Red Ranger suit from Zyuranger, or Power Rangers as it was known elsewhere. Rising to a standing position, he crossed his arms over his chest as a burst of red smoke arose from the Zord behind him. Glancing down, the Ranger made eye contact with Alexi, who nodded almost imperceptibly. Seemingly satisfied, the man continued.

“From now on, we are brothers. The bond only shared by the closest of allies, the bond of a righteous cause. This is no ordinary unit, this is a family, a family which you have earned your place in through the nobility of your past deeds. However, that is no reason for complacency. We must always act for the greater good, for justice, and for the future of Earth. Welcome pilots. I am Jason DeSantos, the Red Ranger!”
RX-178
RX-178
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vangran Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:25 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 0930

After returning to the hangar to look at his suit he saw a plume of red smoke in the sky and sighed, "I guess the new guys met Jason. Man, he certainly does have the flair for the dramatic." He returned to looking over his suit and gave a nod of approval, much to the relief of the mechanics. Deciding to make good on his promise the previous day, he got into his pilot suit and started up the F91. The White Gundam's eyes lit up, giving it an almost demonic look to it.

Smirking, he took off and performed a small number of aerial maneuvers flying over to Slipway Eight where the new pilots were waiting. When he got there, he hovered in the air above the Dinozord and crossed his arms. The Heat Fins extended out of the shoulders, cooling the suit down. He just floated there, as if he was judging their worthiness to be a part of his team.

Last edited by Vangran on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Vangran
Vangran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Vile Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:36 am

REXX roared, victory was assured as the tank charged at the barely functioning mobile suit that had dared to challenge him. The suit seemed to try to move but what seemed like a simple jump into the air ended with REXX pinning it down, one leg indented in the gut and the other crushing the chin. Suddenly the air crackled and the railgun mounted on the side screamed to life. Strangely it seemed as if a sobbing sound could be heard reverberating along the hum as the colossal cannon turned and faced the suits face. There was a bright light and in moments the enemy would be finished and utterly demolished.

Lucky let out a giggle... and woke up. Looking at the viewscreen within his Rex he saw people moving about the area but nothing seeming urgent enough for him to get up. Remembering his dream he laughed and made a mental note of his monster tank, while his dream maneuver would be cool to see and perform, its probably wasnt safe - although at this point he'd welcome any shot to fire the god damn thing. He made sure he got the permission to use it as soon as possible, and he made damn sure to get that authorization from a couple steps higher up in the chain of command just to be on the safe side. Lucky stared through the screen that encompassed his entire view and still saw no commotion needing of his attention. He learned rather quickly how comfortable the cockpit of his tank was, when he put his feet up on the dash (surely in areas that could never result in harm to anyone outside) he could sleep rather comfortably and be ready for anything. And the chance to use his railgun. Grumbling he rested his eyes and went back to sleep.
Mister Vile
Mister Vile

Back to top Go down

Post  Methewey Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Hey they want us to help unload these crates better move quick Miss Conner seems in a bad mood today

"Looks like we're gonna have to clean you some other time bud," Methias said as he jumped into the Lagann. Methias had a penchant for helping out, a trait he most assuredly picked up from Jack. He pulled the necklace with the core drill and fired up the Gunman. Part of him hoped this wouldn't be the most eventful part of the day. He'd been itching to get out in the field prove his worth. With a sigh he took the controls, and shambled over to help Baskerville.
Methewey
Methewey

Back to top Go down

Post  Azure3 Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 0930

After Flying in from the ground hanger and landing onto "Conquistador's" Slipway 8, Matt Maneuvered his way towards the service elevator to be lowered down into the ship's hanger. This process took him longer than he would've liked for it to be, due to a almost near accident between an official and the Blue Destiny. Even longer after stopping for a long introduction by the famous Red Power Ranger and the Dinozord. After respectively listening to the Red Ranger, Matt started to move again towards the elevator.

Taking off his SDF Macross like helmet off, he quickly got his eye patch out and put it on before he even got out. "Well, that was an interesting start on board this new warship, but I guess that means that this ship is about to leave Carpentaria and everyone is busy getting ready..." Arriving at the elevator and waiting for further orders, Matt suddenly sees out of the corner of his eye a mobile suit in the air and performing some high class aerial maneuvers. "Hmmm....If I can remember correctly, that is the Gundam F91, seems like the pilot does a great job in taking care of it." Suddenly, he sees it stop mid-air above the Slipway and crosses its arms and staring at him and Blue Destiny. "Heh, now THAT is one pilot I would hate to be in a dogfight with..better give him a proper respect"

Matt and the Exbein salutes to the F91 gundam...
Azure3
Azure3

Back to top Go down

Post  Uryuu Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 am

As Stan & Blue made it to slipway eight of the Conquistador, a man was only inches away from being crushed by Blue's giant foot and saw that it was Captain Alexi Petrovich. "Oh, sorry about that Captain, didn't see you there. Blue, apologize to him right now." Blue didn't respond. "What do you mean it's my fault?" Alexi burst out in a rather otaku manner.
“Awesome suit mate. Can it really talk? What does the EXAM System feel like? Will it speak with anyone? Wait, I was going to say something. Oh, right, welcome aboard El Conquistador, make yourselves at home.”
Stan responded feeling a little awkward "I'll answer those questions later and thanks for the warm welcome." The Exbein soon caught up with him from the sky, trying to get to the elevator, but stopped when he saw Captain Petrovich nearly get crushed. Just then, a man standing on top of the bridge tower clad in a red suit and helmet yelled out
“Halt! You who seek to join this mission of justice must first show me your warrior’s hearts!”
Stan was dumbfounded by the red-suited man's corny proclamation. "Uuuuuuum...okay." The man then jumped all the way down from atop the tower and onto a red robotic dinosaur, followed by a heroic pose and a plume of red smoke.
“From now on, we are brothers. The bond only shared by the closest of allies, the bond of a righteous cause. This is no ordinary unit, this is a family, a family which you have earned your place in through the nobility of your past deeds. However, that is no reason for complacency. We must always act for the greater good, for justice, and for the future of Earth. Welcome pilots. I am Jason DeSantos, the Red Ranger!”
Stan looked at the Red Ranger with starstruck eyes. ("Woah, this guy is awsome!") He heard something in the background and looked around to see what it was, only to find Ensign Bifrost flying around in his F91; he was a bit annoyed with him at the moment. ("Psht, Mr. Ace Pilot, talking down to everyone all the time, who does he think he is?") Then the F91 flew down, floating in the air above them with it's arms crossed. ("We'll see who's the better pilot soon enough.") Stan saw the Exbein saluting the Gundam floating above them and had Blue look away in disgust. ("Hmmf, you'll never see me saluting that guy anytime soon.") "He's not so great, right Blue?" Blue didn't respond. "My thoughts exactly."
Uryuu
Uryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Vangran Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:46 am

Carpentaria, Australia
September 9, 2013 0930

Bifrost nodded his head in reply to the Exbein and noticed the Blue Destiny turn its head away. He frowned. He apparently didn't make a very good impression on the Warrant Officer. It wouldn't do to have them at each others throats before a fight because during it they were liable to not support each other. With the introductions done he flew back to the hangar and set down. There was still some final repairs he needed to do to the Fins.

Tinkering with it for about 10 minutes he wiped his brow and declared it good. After he changed out of his pilot suit and put his uniform back on he moved toward the on-board Cafe to get a cup of coffee. They were a god-send in these energy-draining days.
Vangran
Vangran

Back to top Go down

Post  Acruxis Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 am

Somewhere in the Shores of Papa New Guinea
September 9, 2013 ???? hours

The crisp sound of crackling flames filled the dark surroundings and then after awhile a short burst of explosions, and then a booting sound of a Mobile Suit OS filled the dark surrounding then next it's small dim light that revealed a young white-haired man, with melancholic eyes cast down on the Mobile Suit controls and screens, visibly fixated with whatever he was doing, as silent as the night can get, until he broke it after scanning the battlefield, or what was left of it.

"Elimination of Targets confirmed...moving to search and destroy mode for the scanner eye." The White-haired man, known as "Zero" both to HRA and UNEF alike started to press some buttons on the controls as the Gundam, as what the mecha was called scanned what's left of the battlefield.

"Negative on any signs of enemy squad vitals. Mission Complete. Moving to Secondary Objectives"

The Wing Gundam Kai's Emerald eyes suddenly glowed an ominous shade along with it's distinct sound, that gives fear to both enemies and allies alike except for fellow Gundam users, As it hovered over the blazing flames that was meant to be a sign of it's dominating victory and it's Testament of glory that came from the enemy squadron's fallen tanks, F-14's and some Guaiz suits from the UNEF.

Zero flicked a switch on the right side of the cockpit that was focused on communications, he opened an open line with the New Guinea Base, along with the Shirogane.

"This is Zero, Had Just eliminated some lost enemy troops. Now moving to Secondary Objectives--Now executing Executive Order number 98755601, Now commencing transfer to the New Guinea Base. Coming in hot and in need of energy re-supply and some minor checks over. I'll be the big red dot on your radars over. Don't open fire on me now"

Without waiting for the HRA's response, Zero flicked off the switch and pulled the right side lever control and pressed the left foot pedal, The Wing Gundam Kai transformed into it's well-known Neo Bird Form and then blasted off towards the direction of the HRA New Guinea Base, approaching it with tremendous overwhelming speed.
Acruxis
Acruxis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next